The Warchant

The Student News Site of Westwood High School

The Warchant

The Warchant

Robotics Club: The Future of CTE

The benefits of joining and why you should give it a try

I’m sure you’ve met many other high-schoolers who are completely lost as to what they wish to do for work in their adult life, maybe you even face this same dilemma. Career and technical education, or CTE, could be a very easy solution to this problem. CTE is a phenomenal form of future training for a vast range of internships or careers, including but not limited to engineering and robotics.

While there are many forms of CTE going on around Westwood, robotics club is a great way to improve your current skills in engineering. Robotics club is an engaging, entertaining, and educational club based around engineering, teamwork, and future career skills. On Monday, September 11th, Westwood Robotics worked on building a robot for in-state competitions. With the skillset of our current members, the entire club gives off Big Hero Six energy.

Led by renowned teacher Mr. Jacobs, robotics club is a hands-on educational experience that will leave your day feeling full of material and give you something to remember rather than experiencing the same monotonous school schedule day after day. While other clubs accomplish this same feat rather simply, robotics club does this in unison with teaching real-world skills with tangible future benefits. Someone’s experience from a club such as robotics looks good on/in resumes, college applications, or just standard conversational topics.

In conclusion, robotics club is fun, useful, and educational. It’s open to everyone and they meet in the CTE/engineering portion of Westwood in the manufacturing building (Mr. Jacobs’ room, 940) every Monday after school. Robotics club ends usually between 4:30 and 5:15. Westwood Robotics builds robots, tests robots, drives robots, and experiments with new methods of how to move/operate said machines. Hope to see you there!

If you’re interested in robotics, visit https://westwoodrobots.org/FRC for more information.