The Warchant

The Student News Site of Westwood High School

The Warchant

The Warchant

2024 Cheer Season

How did they do?
The Westwood cheer team posing with their Nationals trophy.

In a riveting display of dedication, the cheerleading team has showcased an inspiring journey their latest season. From consistent practices that ran late, to performances that ran even later, these young athletes have given a perfect example of hard work. Their resilience was put to the test this season and they really got to show how they function not just as a team, but as a family too. “I’m very proud of myself and my team this year and the things we’ve accomplished,” said Samantha Ward.

They cheered at numerous events like assemblies, sports games, and tournaments. The highlight of their season was when the cheerleaders attended the 2024 USA Spirit Cheer Nationals. Led by their coaches, they executed a flawless routine with stunts and synchronized movements. The athletes commitment to perfection was evident in every move they made and although they faced other strong opponents, they were able to come out on top. They showcased their talent and dedication on stage, leaving an incredible mark. After blowing the judges away, they came home as Nationals Champions.