The Warchant

The Student News Site of Westwood High School

The Warchant

The Warchant

Is Pokemon Failing?

Is Pokemon failing? As you might know, Pokemon is a massive organization that makes games, movies, and shows. But is it starting to fall? The show Pokemon Indigo League started in 1997, and it created a huge fan base in Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, Mexico, and many more Places.

When they introduced Pokemon GO, 232 million people were active users, just from the app alone, but now it has gone down to 71 million in 2021, according to Mansoor Iqbal in his story about Pokemon Go Revenue and Usage Statistics.

According to Pokemon’s wiki, Pokemon was viewed by more than 1 billion viewers across 183 countries. But now the number of viewers of all the Pokemon content is 99,516. 2 times less than in 2022, according to Esports.

After 26 seasons and 23 more animated versions, they have decided to get rid of the current main character, Ash Ketchum, after 25 years, according to Jordan Mendoza and his article about Ash leaving.

According to anime director Kunihiko Yuyama, ”Ash’s departure from Pokemon will only be temporary.” the new characters will be Liko and Roy.

Fans of Pokemon are extremely upset that Ash is leaving Pokemon, which might cause more downfall for Pokemon.