The Warchant

The Student News Site of Westwood High School

The Warchant

The Warchant

The Rapper

The+Rapper

Do you know the No.1 rapper right now ? He goes by the name Rod Wave his real name is Rodarius Marcell Green. He grew up in Florida in a city called St. Petersburg. He was born on August 27th 1998 which means this year he turned 25. Rod Wave has been rapping since junior year of high school at Lakewood high school, which means he’s had practice over the years. His first song came out when he was only a senior in high school and no one really saw it so he posted it on sound cloud and performed it at his school talent show. The song was not school approved so he got kicked out of the show but everyone loved the song.

The next day everyone was screaming and yelling “ WHERE CAN I HEAR THAT” in the hallways. They screamed in the halls. The inspiration of Rodarius to become Rod Wave was Ed Sheeran, he got  inspired by the lyrics and the motivation of them. Rodarius was one of the ones that was obsessed with the music and wanted to be one of the greats just like Ed .

He made his first song hunger games in 2016 everyone listened and loved it. That his also when his name blew up and no one could stop hearing his songs on the radio in the car . Rodarius soon got haters for falling off stage for his first concert. He performed at his first sold out concert ever in 2019 with the song “HEART ON ICE’’ . He went home that night and went live in Instagram to tell his fans how happy he was to have that concert go so well and sell out that fast.

That year rod wave later had twins, two girls no one knows their names because he keeps it hidden from the public. Rod is now one the greats of all time in this generation, everyone knows Rodarius as Rod Wave and not just the bad kid of the street , Rod grew up struggling but made it out with the music and will forever be remembered by the next generation. He is still making the No.1 spot with his music and has two kids now.